Dear Family and Friends,
I apologize for not being in better contact these last few months. I would first of all like to say thank you for all of the incredible generosity that is allowing us to fly home for seven weeks tomorrow! It would not have been possible with out your help. We do not take it for granted! We are so looking forward to our time with many of you.
Please for us. Travel is never easy. Brian came down with Typhoid fever, or something similar to it on Monday night. He has received two antibiotics via IV and is given two weeks more to take with him. The Dr. advised that he wait for another flight next week if he could, however, there are none available. We were going to let Scharlie and the kids go and I would join later. There was not even one ticket available. So the Dr said that he would not prevent me from flying as scheduled, but it would be quite unpleasant for me.
Also, I have been no help to Scharlie and she has had to take me to and from the hospital and stay with me there. (She is sure to be cannonized soon!) Pray for her and she finishes packing. She also has one school related task to finish up in the States and Brian has a few small ones and one BIG one.
Pray that our packing and last minute stuff goes well this afternoon and evening. Pray for Brian and Nathan as they fly tomorrow with the rest of us.
Grace and Peace,